Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's a cookie in a skillet!!!

This post is about the Skookies that Kim wonderfully introduced to me. We bought them with some of our wedding money at BB&B. Jared did give me a hard time because he seemed to think that it would have been cheaper if we would have just bought the skillets and not the ones that specifically say "skookie" on the box. I think I remember TJ saying the same thing to Kim. Hmmm. Well, this wonderful dessert-making-contraption has fed Jared and me for the past couple of weeks and we thoroughly enjoy them. Let's be honest though, sometimes it's a little on the large side (check out the picture below that I found on this fabulous recipe blog--I know, I'm getting domesticated since being married.) As a side note, this same site has the BEST Cafe Rio Pork recipe (I have tried a few and this one is yummy!) I did find a cilantro-lime rice recipe that I like more though. Enjoy the recipes (especially for those who are in lands far far away from the Cafe Rios of the Wasatch Front.)

2 comments:

joelandbecca said...

Isn't it crazy how domestic we become after marriage. I am not kidding, I cook all the time! Who would have ever thought??? I still love me a good can of spaghettios from time to time though!

I pretty much think we would have been the best NFL cheerleaders. Haha! The show is awesome. But, I still have my worries that I might be like one of those freaks that tries out, that you watch and think, what was she thinking?

Sallee Family said...

I tagged you! Look at my blog to see how to respond.
Jocelyn