Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sugarhouse = Car Theft!

Many of you may not have known, but about 3 years ago my car was stolen from outside my house/apartment when I lived in Sugarhouse. Luckily (or unluckily) my car was found a week and a half later in Lehi and had been abandoned because the car battery went dead. I continued to drive my car faithfully....that is until Friday night.

We were attending a old roommate party in Sugar House (four blocks from my old apartment). Upon leaving Training Table I found that once again my car had been stolen! What are the odds?!? Twice in 3 years, same car, about 4 blocks apart.

So now I'm at the time where we wait and see. At least I've been through it before and I know what to expect although I have changed car insurance since being married. We'll see what happens. Part of me wants it to be gone forever (so that it can't be stolen again) and part of me wants it to return so that I don't have a car payment until Jared starts working. Of course if I got it back, I would try to get rid of it probably this summer. I'll keep the blog updated on all the fun that I have with my '99 Honda Civic.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry that your car was stolen...again! I hope they find it!

joelandbecca said...

Seriously that is the craziet thing ever! Remember how Amanda's car got stloen too? Joel had a civic years ago and it got stolen. Love Civics, but I heard they are the number one stolen vehicle in the nation. But, what are the odds???

RonElaine said...

That is hilarous! Drama, drama, drama. What did your Mom say? We look forward to your updates! Hope they find it.

Kristen Weller said...

Crazy. One time my sister's car was stolen while she ran in to the pizza place she worked at to pick up another delivery (she was out of her car for maybe 3 minutes). They found it later abandoned somewhere- my suspicion is because the thief was thinking "Why did I steal a Geo Metro?!" Sad about your car though- hopefully it all works out.