Saturday, July 30, 2011

Here's what I got!

I thought I would take a picture and explain what I received this week and what I'm planning on making in case anyone is interested.

Fruit:
5 Bananas
Bunch of Green Grapes
Cantaloupe
5 Large Peaches (bigger this week)
8 Nectarines

Veggies:
2 Tomatoes
Bag of Green Beans
Bag of Potatoes
Eggplant
Romain Lettuce
Cabbage

Meal Possibilities-
Cabbage: Oriental Chicken Salad, Egg Rolls, Coleslaw, Tacos a la "taco cart" (they use cabbage instead of lettuce)
Eggplant: Eggplant Parmesan (requested by Jared)
Potatoes: Fries, Twice Baked Potatoes, Potato Wedges
Nectarines: Honey-Mustard Nectarine Kabobs
Peaches: Peach Crisp
Green Beans: Green Bean Bundles, Country Green Beans
Romaine: Salads
Bananas: Banana Bread (need to give to new neighbors)
Grapes: will probably just be eaten....YUM!
Tomatoes: Served on tacos or sprinkled with salt and pepper

2 comments:

Emily Gerow said...

I know a lot of people who do Bountiful Baskets and I'm jealous of them all! I need to find out if there is something like that around here...

Kim said...

Holy cow! I am shocked at the amount of blog posting lately! Glad the bountiful basket caused you to blog again, You have inspired us to try this, we are going to start this week. hope our basket is good.