Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm in LOVE with The Grocery Game!!!!

Yesterday I went to Albertson's and got a cart full of food. When my total first rang up it was $197.00. After my coupons and Preferred card, my total was $85.00!! I saved $112.00!!!! I'm such a dork but it actually is a "game" to see how much I can save. I get so excited after each trip that I can't wait to look at the bottom of the receipt when they hand it to me (remember when they used to tell you how much you saved? I think my trips would be a little more exciting if they announced my savings to everyone else in line behind me). I also call Jared and my mom while I'm in the parking lot and make them guess how much I saved for that trip.

I first heard about The Grocery Game from my cousin Erin. It is an online service that goes through all the sales (advertised and non-advertised) and coupons and creates a list telling you what are the best deals at your grocery store. They have a 4 week trial that is FREE!!! Once you sign up, then it goes through and tells you what to do. They use the coupons that are in the Sunday paper and they give advice on how many to get for your size of family. They use the idea of "stockpiling" so that you always have food in your pantry thus eliminating unnecessary trips to the store. If you decide to give it a try, use my email (khristen1(at)hotmail.com) because I can earn free weeks.

Have fun and let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're welcome! haha. I love it! I always save at least 50% whenever I go grocery shopping. It rocks.