Friday, July 29, 2011

Mango Sticky Rice

Wow! Two posts in one month...Kim will be so proud.

Last week, we ventured into the world of Bountiful Baskets. It is a food co-op where you can get produce at a fraction of the price ($15.00 for one basket). I can't remember exactly what we got last week but here's a rundown: mangoes, bananas, plums, peaches, cantaloupe, strawberries, grape tomatoes, celery, romaine lettuce, cucumber, sweet potatoes, & green beans. I may have forgot something.

Anyway, because of this adventure, we have been eating "fresh" produce. It is a little embarrassing to admit, but we really haven't had a lot of produce around the house since we've been married (unless of course it has been for a recipe.) I took it as a challenge this week to use all our produce this week since I didn't know how long it would last.

Here are some of the meals/dishes we've had this week:
Peaches & Plums in milk with sugar
Chicken Satay, Cucumber Salad, Romaine Salad, Mango Sticky Rice
Chicken Tacos with Mango & Avocado Salsa
Peach & Strawberry Freezer Jam
Hamburgers & Sweet Potato fries
Pasta salad with tomatoes & celery
Baked Rigatoni & steamed green beans

Tomorrow we pick up another basket and I'm excited to see what it contains so I can plan next week's meals. I has been fun and it feels good to be eating healthier.

1 comment:

Kim said...

You are so domestic! I am jealous