Sunday, July 13, 2008

I love all that sparkles!!!!


I will now take you through a pageant.

First off: TALENT



Next: ON-STAGE QUESTION



Followed by: EVENING WEAR


Finally: JUST FOR KICKS

Okay, so my week at Miss Utah is done. I feel really good about all my competitions and I have no regrets. I didn't make the top ten--although I had a lot of people come up and let me know that they had me picked in their top ten (this was besides Jared). I made a lot of great friends there and I'm so excited that I will continue to have lasting friendships because of this week.

The most exciting news though is that Jared and I can finally come out and say that we're engaged! We have been secretly or not-so-secretly been planning our wedding for the past few months. A couple weeks ago while we were taking our engagements (I know, it's a little backwards) Jared popped the question while our wonderful photographer documented it all. He conveniently gave me the ring before we went to Ohio for a week so that I could wear it one week before I had to take it off for a week for Miss Utah. I told my roommate at Miss Utah on Thursday night and then she asked Jared to bring up the ring to the competition on Saturday night.

I am glad the way things turned out because I wanted to marry Jared and I think it's going to be the best decision that I've ever made. Love you babe!

4 comments:

RonElaine said...

I love it! Jared - so romantic. Can't wait to see you both soon and welcome to our crazy fam!

Kim said...

Congrats! love this post!

joelandbecca said...

Congratulations! I love that band! Don't they call that a plit shank? I wanted one of those. But, I'm happy with what I have! Hope all the plans are going well!

Elder Logan Cottle said...

It is the best decision and I am thrilled for both of you. I still wish I knew....I am such an idiot! Ha Ha.

Love ya,
Camille (your hostess from Miss Utah)